Yay! I woke up last week to a few more hits on my blog than I’m used to, and when I tracked down the source of all that glorious traffic I found out that I had been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award (Hereafter known as VBA). The best part was that the blogger who nominated me has an absolutely gorgeous blog. In fact, you should all stop reading immediately and click over to her blog now. Please come back when you’re done.
Are you back? Great, let me continue. Her name is Esther Kao and she has a style and artistic talent that I absolutely adore. Every post she writes is interesting and engaging. Did you subscribe? You should! It will bring little e-mails of joy to your inbox every few days. Did you check out her “Mini me would rather be” page and visit her Etsy shop? Good!
So there are some rules associated with receiving the VBA:
- Add the award to your blog. Check.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you. ”Thank you Esther!” Check.
- List the rules. In the process.
- Mention 7 random things about yourself. See below.
- Award to 15 or more bloggers. Also see below.
7 random things eh? Here goes,
- My favorite movie is “Last of the Mohicans” and as a 15 year old girl I had the biggest crush on Daniel Day Lewis. I’ve always thought that was a bit odd, but hey, when the heart speaks, you must listen. Oh yeah, Uncas was lovely too.
- I wear purple almost every day. I think it’s the perfect color. Great with blacks and browns and it can be dressed up or down. It’s probably a mommy fashion rut, but I’m going to own it until someone springs an intervention on me. This is me 6 days a week.
- I am a Bejeweled Blitz addict and my husband often finds me smack-talking my toughest opponents, alone in my room, after midnight, when I really should be sleeping. I want that many coins!
- The only books I read anymore are Franklin, Curious George and anything with dinosaurs and/or trucks in them. (Thanks to the Bubs)
- It’s been years since I’ve lived in a house with a yard and now that I do, I’ve discovered that my biggest stress buster is pulling weeds. There isn’t much that’s more satisfying than pulling whole weeds out by their roots and looking out over a dandelion free lawn, who knew? What is she doing just laying there? Get pulling woman!
- I love making cards but I’m horrid at sending them. Is that a pile of unsent mail?
- My favorite musicians right now are A Fine Frenzy and Caspar Babypants. I highly recommend them to all of you, even if you aren’t female and don’t have kids.
And the award goes to…All of you!
I’ve only been blogging for a short time, so I haven’t had too much time to seek out all the talented and deserving bloggers out there. Here are 15 that I have run across and I hope that you will visit them and like them as much as I do.
There you have it. I hope you find loads of inspiration and beauty in these blogs as I have.
As always, keep pressing on,